Miyerkules, Hunyo 22, 2011

Sharing : Teenage pregnancy

I read this story about teenage pregnancy and I want to share it to those who are reading my posts..

I got it here..

almost twenty years ago i was a lonely 16 yr old teen mum. my parents had a violent relationship and later divorced, i had spent those eight years of my life away from my parents, at parties and with friends. although my parent hated eachother, they made sure me and my brother were sent to the best private schools as they wanted the absolute best for us.

while at school i was shy and quiet until i met my best friend elise. we did everything together. i couldnt live without her, she was like family.
in my eleventh year at school i went to a party and thats when i ment jayden. he was sweet and charming, and we went out four weeks until we had sex, i was on the pill so i thought nothing would happen.oh but i was SO wrong. later after morning sicknesses and dizziness elise got me a pregnancy test and i found out i was pregnant. i told my parents first as jayden was away on hiliday i think? my parents took it horribly and kicked me out. i lived with elise for two weeks, until i told jayden.

when i told jayden he refused and said i must have cheated on him and i was lying and that i was a horrible person. i was crushed, i hoped he would be around when the baby was born as im christian and dont believe in abortion.

my uncle and aunty took me in, they were both police and already had two younger children lilly and eamon (buddy).they were lovely and so nice and understanding, although they believed i should take care of the baby myself and find my own feet in the world if i was to be a mother, they also made me continue my schooling.

i had to move schools because of distance, i made a few close friends i still have today, but i stayed until i was 35 weeks and i went into labour in maths class, how exciting :/
eventually after a 47 hour labour i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, kai logan kennedy. i wanted him to keep his biological fathers last name. i had to make many phone calls to get jayden, who never contacted me through my pregnancy to come and sign the certificate. after jayden saw kai he imediately wanted to be in his life, but two months after the excitement of a new baby wore off and he stopped calling and seeing me and the baby. elise helped me so much during my pregnancy and even when kai was born, it was soo hard lookiing after kai and finishing schooling but i did it!

a year after i graduated, my aunty and uncle were iinvolved in a fatal car crash and died so we lost the house and were in debt for their funeral too, i had to look after lilly and eamon who were destraught and so was i, on top of the grief i had no where to live, and i gained custody of their two young kids, lilly and buddy. all of this while i was at uni, it was becomming to much. but after going through many rental homes, job after low paying job and having to live at a homeless shelter for a month all four of us made it after the four years at uni, i was now a nurse working at st john of god and earning quite a large wage for the time, so i could put all my children in school which was lucky.

i saved up enough for substantial house, which took quite a while, in the process of buying a house i ran into a guy from my old private school that i had a crush on then and now, we went out for two years bought a house together and later married. he was so accepting of lilly buddy and my beautiful boy kai, all get along wonderfully he admires us for pulling through and we all love him, and weve all since took his last name, although lilly and buddy kept their last name in rememberance of their parents.

im now a full time nurse and still paying back 20 years worth of bills jayden had linked to my bank account from our son (its complicated) so we hope to take him to court to wipe the bills and fees. im so proud of my son though as hes just turned 20 and has almost finnished training to be a pilot in the royal air force. hes not engaged yet as he wants a family a little bit later and for that im thankful! hes never really asked about his biological father but knows his past. im so pround of him and lilly, whos 26 and is a fully registered vetinarian who has her own clinic and buddy (whos full name is eamon, 24) has just been married with a baby on the way and is an architect in america im so proud of them and i wouldnt change anything. throughout all the years my mother has not contacted me once and i dont know where she is or what shes doing, although my dad contacted me almost twenty years after and we've slowly been building our relationship again. he says hes proud of what ive become and he loves kai and lilly and buddy.

for all those single mothers out there, you should know that the support of your family and friends is great and helpful but it doesnt make you any less of a woman to abort either, to have a second chance at adulthood.

Amelie


My friends have experienced being left by the guy after her pregnant so I believe that people who want to have sex should know the in and outs of it.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento